Old Townhall

The building was erected at the end of the 18th century, then it was restored between 1906-1914. In the middle of the 18th century, the building became the seat of Courthouse, where Mihai Eminescu worked as a clerk and copyst during 1864-1865. The building was first restored between 1900-1914. The renovated architecture preserves upto this date the type of nobleman house related to the boyar mansions of the 17th and 18th centuries, with a high ground floor and a n arched portico in front of the main entrance, destinated for the carriages.