The building that hosts the Museum of Natural Sciences was built in Baroque style, in 1887, by Italian architects, after a French design, with the aim of making it the residence of the Prefecture of the former Dorohoi County. The museum has a very rich collection of : insects, mollusks, minerals, birds, etc. The museum heritage of natural history includes almost 276000 exhiubits. The most famous collections within the museum are: the entomological collection of teacher Ion Nemes, which includes approximately 250000 local insects (many species being new to science) and 4.500 exdotic butterflies that he got by exchange with various other collectioners from the whole world; the exotic birds (Zair – Africa) collection of teacher Rang Catalin and the lepidoptera collectionof pharmacist Weber Wilhelm. Inside the museum there is also a collection of contemporary art – glass-porcelain – which includes objects created in 1985 in the Glass Factory from Dorohoi, during an art camp. In addition, the museum has a small area with birds and exotic fish which complete in a vivid note the naturalist character of the museum.